About this website
If you are here for the first time, I made this site as a place to share my experience of designing and coding websites.
You will find me writing about useful topics such as design, development and marketing. A few of the essential skills it takes to build a successful solo business.
I’m also using it as a place to document my design process, build useful tools, and record everything I’m learning from books, articles and various other material. Hopefully you might pick up some useful lessons whilst you’re here.
A little more about me
I started teaching myself design and code in 2006 whilst I was studying art.
I tried a “real job” in Insurance after graduating, but in 2010 I quit to focus on making websites for a living. I quickly realised my time was better spent doing something I enjoyed — helping people solve problems with design.
My mission for 2017 is to utilise my background in art and printmaking (which I often neglect) — combined with my skills as a developer — to help others achieve their goals.
Right now i’m living between London and Hamburg where I work remotely with a handful of clients. When I’m not at my desk I enjoy hiking, climbing and taking pictures.
Where to go next
If you’re interested in working with me, you might like to check out a few recent projects i’ve been working on:
- Albion Cycling – British cycling gear for all sorts of weather.
- We Art London — All the latest art exhibitions directly to your inbox
Other things i’ve made
- In Detail – Visual interviews with jewellery collectors and influencers. I co-founded and continue to work on In Detail with jewellery expert Beanie Major.
- On Display – International fashion week reportage. This was a project I pursued from 2013 - 2016. It took me from New York, to London, then onto Milan and finally Paris for 2 months of the year.
- Dark Sky. Collaboration with Electronic music duo Dark Sky. I create all their artwork, which you can see over on my Soundcloud page.
How I made this site
For the geeks out there, here’s a quick overview of how I built this site:
I’m using the CDN Netlify for continuous deployment, so when I push changes to Github it automatically deploys the live site.
All the code can be found on my github page. Use it for your own learning and development but please don’t just rip it off. If you have any questions drop me an email or a tweet. I’d be more than happy to help.
Let’s keep in touch
If you made it this far, thanks a lot. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my website.
If you’d like to keep in touch, head over to my newsletter page and leave your email address. Once a week, on a Friday morning, I send out a brief email containing a few useful tools, articles and other things worth sharing.